- As of 2016, 88% of all the children in the world today have been vaccinated.
- The point above also means almost all human beings alive today have some access to basic healthcare.
- HIV infections are down to less than half of what there were 10 years ago. From 549 per million in 1996 to 241 in 2016.
- As far as literacy goes, the share of adults who have the basic skills to read and write is up from 10% (1800) to 86% (2016).
- Worldwide, 90% of girls of primary school age are now enrolled in school, whereas in 1979 only 65% were.
[Source: “Factfulness, Why things are better than you think” by Hans Rosling]