20/20 vision means one can see clearly without lenses.
Let us hope for the same sort of clear perspective in this country, and around the world, in this New Year.
And to borrow from the words of Rev. Stephen Harding, let us pray that:
– the dignity of every human being will be respected;
– those in want will have their needs met.
– our elected officials will put the greater good of the nation/state before their own personal interest;
– our current level of hyper-partisanship and rhetoric will be replaced by civility and understanding; that while there will be disagreement, everyone will work to advance the common good;
– relations between the nations will improve and that trust will be restored;
– each person on this earth will do her/his/their part to reduce and repair humanity’s impact on our planet.